Your mojo is your life force. It’s what fuels the highest enjoyment of your family, your work, your community … your self. Mojo is the energy, passion, verve, drive and joie de vivre that makes the difference between an average day and a great day for you and the world.
Follow Your Mojo
What’s Up @ Mojo
Your mojo is your life force. It’s what fuels the highest enjoyment of your family, your work, your community … your self. Mojo is the energy, passion, verve, drive and joie de vivre that makes the difference between a great day and an average day for you and the world.
At Mojo Coworking it’s our mission to provide resources for the maximum focus and diffusion of creative energy to elevate our individual, community, commercial and global well being.
We offer a unique coworking environment that plugs you in to the energy of collaboration, inspiration and ideas that you can use to be your best – socially, creatively, entrepreneurially, consciously, joyfully.
Come check us out and see what you think. Or, more importantly, what you feel.
In addition to serving as a Mojo mentor and overall coworking advocate, you’ll find me working most days as the creative director at Native – a full service advertising and marketing agency I started back in 2004.
Mojo Space Coordinator
Let me know how I can help you engage at Mojo. If you have a special request, don’t know how to work the copier, forgot how to make coffee … I can help. Do you have an idea for a speaker or performer? Let me know. You might also catch me playing guitar or drums now and then.
While Craig may be the front man at Mojo, I’m the spirit and support behind the scenes. You should be nice to me because I make really good treats for Mojo members.
Back in April of 2011, Mojo Coworking opened its doors in Asheville. The driving force behind Mojo has always been energy. Creative, social and entrepreneurial energy. Our goal is to bring the energetic minds and bodies from our community together to encourage and inspire cross pollination through ideas, stories, work and play.
People seem to like it here and our membership has grown steadily. To keep up with demand, we have expanded Mojo Coworking to a new larger facility at 60 N. Market Street.
At Mojo Coworking, we also believe that the future will be built by independent small business and the future of small business depends on the ability for people to move quickly from ideas to action. Ideas need heat. Heat requires energy. Mojo creates energy. Simple as that. Come check us out at get your Mojo working.
- Must say being at Mojo and working with Anthony and the Mojo crew is reminding me of all the great things I loved about working in Hollywood - but not with all the bitchy attitude! Thanks so much Team McAnsh!
- What a terrific space and energy! This place rocks!
- The main aspect of Mojo Coworking that attracted me to your organization and its efforts is the inherent sense of community you provide and encourage among your coworkers.
- Having a place like Mojo was a lifesaver. I had planned to set up in a coffee shop, but that really would not have afforded me the amount of quiet and focus I needed to do my job that day. The experience of getting set up was good as well.
- Your new site makes me wish I was there now. I feel the energy coming through the screen! Good work and no wonder you're towards capacity!
- Thanks so much for the community use of your space.
- I loved visiting MojoCoworking for the FIRST time and enjoyed presenting in the beautiful and consciously created space. Thank you Craig for such a synergistic and dynamic environment in the heart of downtown AVL. We are blessed to have you here. www.eartheartnetwork.com
- Thank you @FastFedora and @Mojocoworking for bringing #LeanStartup conference to benefit #avlbiz and every other sector. Great job!
- Writing at @MojoCoworking of AVL today & diggin it. Nice people, comfy seats, bright, clean work space. Good mojo. #sorry #couldnthelpmyself
- Mojo has increased my business in 2 weeks, Its the deal! Come join!
- When I first heard the concept of MoJo Coworking, I was instantly impressed. The model is great. I decided to facilitate my Microsoft training classes in their conference room. What a great decision! The atmosphere is professional and energetic. Instead of the standard projector and boring design, they offer a 55 inch color television that plugs right into your computer and the walls are lined with local art. Thanks to MoJo, my training classes will not be in a typical mind-numbing training room. The conference room is designed for creativity, synergy and mojo.
- Thank you so much Craig! Amazing things happened in this space while you were gone - paradigm shift in the way we do business - more heart-driven focus, more connection, social care and devotion.
- The Mojo conference room is perfect for my small-group leadership programs. I bring teens from across the U.S. to Asheville, and there's nowhere better to run technology-intensive workshops.
- Being at Mojo has been a big part of enjoying my time in Asheville!
craig – cofounder
ian – coordinator
andrea – cofounder
Coworking is redefining the way we do work. The idea is simple: independent professionals and those with workplace flexibility work better together than they do alone. Coworking answers the question that so many face when working from home: “Why isn’t this as fun as I thought it would be?”
Beyond just creating better places to work, coworking spaces are built around the idea of community-building and sustainability. Coworking spaces agree to uphold the values set forth by those who developed the concept in the first place: collaboration, community, sustainability, openness, and accessibility.
In addition to the ideas covered in this description from wiki.coworking.com, Mojo Coworking introduces a few other core values as part of our mission:
- Collaboration to inspire social energy
- Cross pollination to expand creative energy
- Networking to grow entrepreneurial energy
- Conscious minds lead to conscious action
- Playfulness to unleash freedom, passion and joy
- SHOW ALL
Q: Where can Mojo members park?
A: There are multiple options for parking. There is metered street parking directly in front on both sides of Market Street. There is non-metered parking spaces along Orange, Liberty and Orchard Streets (0.3 miles away). There is permit based street parking on Central Avenue and Elm Streets (0.2 miles away) for $45/Month. There are 3 city parking decks nearby – College, Civic Center and Rankin lots. See THE MAP for more specific details. Finally, there are 2 underground parking spaces at Mojo Coworking that can be packaged with any of our 6 month or annual memberships.
Q: What are hours of operation?
A: 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday through Friday. Annual or six month members have 24/7 access.
Q: Can non-members rent your conference rooms and event space?
A: Yes. We have a large conference room and a small conference room available for rental depending on your needs. For larger events, we can also rent out the ground floor of Mojo Coworking on evenings and weekends. See OPTIONS > MEET for details.
Q: What type of printers are available at Mojo?
A: We will have 2 Canon color laser printers at Mojo. These are high speed, high quality printers. Upon membership, we will install the necessary printer driver on your computer and assign you a printing code and password. See OPTIONS > SERVICES > PRINTING for further information.
Q: What Internet service provider do you use?
A: We will be using Charter Business for our Internet & TV. We have purchased a plan that offers a guaranteed bandwidth of 50Mbps downstream and 5Mbps upstream. There will be both wireless and ethernet connection options depending on your membership level.
Q: Do your meeting rooms have presentation equipment?
A: The large conference room is equiped with a 55” LED Panel connected to a Mac Mini and an HD camera for video conferencing. The small conference room will have a 46” LED panel that you can connect to. The main event space will have a ceiling mounted projector that throws to a 10’ screen with in wall speakers for presentations, films or other larger group needs.
Q: What common area amenities are available to Mojo members?
A: In addition to our 2 conference rooms, Mojo members may also use our 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms, several lounge areas, ping pong table, and presentation space.
Q: Does Mojo provide coffee?
A: Yes, your membership includes fresh coffee – with coffee makers set up on each floor for your convenience. We also supply sugar and creamer and that sort of stuff. For tea drinkers, we have an electric kettle in the main floor kitchen. We have some tea on hand, but feel free to bring in any tea you like.
Q: How’s the water at Mojo?
A: Glad you asked. There is a drinking fountain in the main floor kitchen, plus water coolers with Mountain Valley Spring Water on each floor.
Q: What’s the kitchen like?
A: There will be a kitchen on each floor. The main kitchen is on the main floor and it will have a full size refrigerator (with ice maker) dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, tea kettle, sink, cupboards for food storage and a community dining area. The kitchen upstairs will have an under counter fridge, dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker.
Q: What restaurants are close by?
A: This is Asheville … walking across downtown only takes 10 minutes, so everything is close by. Closest restaurants are Mellow Mushroom, Strada, Sazarac, Over Easy, Rosetta’s, Magnolia’s, Vincenzo’s, Loretta’s, Olive ‘r’ Twist, The Green Sage. If you’re hankerin’ for an exotic beer – Mojo is just across the parking lot from Bruisin’ Ales beer emporium. And, the new Tiger Mountain live music bar/venue just opened on Broadway near us.
Q: Can I bring in my own furniture?
A: We provide basic furniture needs for all members. However, if you are planning to become a private office member you may bring in any furniture you would like – desk, chair, lamp, plants, shelves, etc. If you’re a Mojo or Private Desk member you may bring in your own chair.
Q: Can I bring in my own printer?
A: We have two top of the line Canon color laser printers set up at Mojo for your printing needs. All membership levels include access to these printers with varying quantity of prints per month included.
Q: How much does printing cost at Mojo?
A: Members pay only 5¢ per black copy and 30¢ per color copy above their monthly limit. Non-members pay 6¢ per black copy and 35¢ per color copy. Please visit OPTIONS > SERVICES > PRINTING for more details.
Q: What about mail?
A: As a Mojo member you can use Mojo Coworking’s posh downtown Asheville address as your mailing address. 60 N. Market Street – C200 Asheville, NC 28801.
Q: Can I get a mailbox at Mojo if I’m not a member?
A: Yes, for a nominal service charge of $25 per month our receptionist will receive your mail, sort into your onsite mail slot and contact you when it arrives. See OPTIONS > SERVICES > MAILBOX to request a mailbox.
60 N. Market Street – C200
Asheville, NC 28801
8:30am – 5:30pm
M-F or by reservation
- From North: Take Merrimon Avenue south to a left on Woodfin St. Drive one block and then right on North Market St.
- From South: Take Biltmore Avenue north (becomes Broadway St.) to a right on Walnut St. Drive one block and then left on North Market St.
- From East: Take College St. west to a right on on North Market St. or Take I-240 west, EXIT 5C at Merrimon Avenue. Left on Broadway at end of ramp. Immediate left on Woodfin St, then a right on North Market St.
- From West: Take Patton Avenue east to a left turn on North Market St. or Take I-240 east, EXIT 5C at Merrimon Avenue. Left on Broadway at end of ramp. Immediate left on Woodfin St, then a right on North Market St.
Mojo #HackLab – 26 April – @mojocoworking
We’re going to get all techy during MoogFest weekend at the new Mojo Hack Lab. On Saturday, April 26th we’re hosting a hands on workshop to build a couple of…Read More
@MojoCoworking Celebrates 3 Years with Pizza Party
Happy 3rd birthday to Mojo Coworking. Once again we’re celebrating with food. This time it’s a partnership with Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co. and we are going to let Mojo…Read More
Newest Mojo Member – Born Today
Congratulations to Mojo manager, Ian McAnsh, and his wife Arai on the birth of the daughter. Owsley Arai Moon McAnsh was born around 6am today at Mission Hospital in Asheville….Read More
Mojo Makes Asheville Disclaimer
With a sense of humble pride, Mojo Coworking has (finally) established itself as a real “player” in Asheville. In today’s Mountain Xpress, our 3D Innovation Lab was spoofed in the…Read More
Mojo University – Intensive Coding Class
Applications now being taken.
Tech Talent South will be launching intensive eight week web development programs for adults this coming February in Asheville, N.C. Both fulltime and parttime programs will…
NOW OPEN – 3D Innovation Lab
MOJO • VAN WINKLE 3D INNOVATION LAB
Mojo Coworking has the first publicly available 3D Printers in Asheville as part of our Mojo • Van Winkle 3D Innovation Lab. A…
3D Innovation Lab Open House in the News
The Mojo • Van Winkle 3D Innovation Lab was officially unveiled to the public yesterday during an open house event and WLOS, Asheville’s ABC affiliate, was there to capture the…Read More
Co-Working: Why Technology and Creativity Matter
Creative professionals are made for co-working. It’s an atmosphere that promotes collaboration. Creativity. Artistry. Networking.
Those same elements are what have influenced co-working spaces. They need to be places that…Read More
Endor Asheville – One Month Update
Based out of Mojo Coworking, Endor Asheville recently held a math exploration tied into gaming. Participants play tested a new game, Tryptic, created by mathematician and inventor, Ethan Mitchell. Mitchell…Read More
3D Printing – Open House – Nov 20
Mojo Coworking and The Van Winkle Law Firm announced a new partnership to unleash creativity through the Mojo • Van Winkle 3D Innovation Lab.
There will be a press event…